How does unassigned driving work?
- Unassigned Driving occurs when driving occurs on the vehicle without anyone being logged in.
- The Unassigned driving segment will be sent into FleetWatcher once the Driving segment has been completed.
- Once the driving segment reaches FleetWatcher, it is put in the Unassigned Driving Report.
- Once in the report, the Unassigned Driving segment on the unit will send information once a driver has answered the question (which appears as a pop-up window on the unit).
- The answer to the question will determine what happens to the Driving Segment that is already in FleetWatcher.
- If the driver answers "Yes" to the question FleetWatcher will then place that segment into the driver's logs under the drive-line.
- If the driver answers "No" to the question the unit will continue to ask the question to any other drivers who log-in to the unit.
If the driver cancels the question then the driver will continue to be asked the question for the canceled segment every time to the driver enters HOS.