How are Speeding Alerts Created?
The unit will recognize speeding and create alert by following this process:
- The unit continuously monitors road speed from the ECM
- The unit continuously monitors position from the GPS
- The unit matches GPS position with posted speed limits
- The unit continuously compares road speed to the posted speed limit
- When the road speed exceeds the posted speed limit by a set amount (determined by your company settings) a speeding alert is created
- The speeding alert will include the duration that the truck was speeding and the maximum speed during this period of time