Find the most commonly searched topics and words.
- Search for Communication (Cell, WiFi, GPS) — Find all Articles related to Communication
- Search for FleetWatcher — Find all articles relating to FleetWatcher.
- Search for HOS — Find all Articles related to HOS
- Search for JBUS — Find all Articles related to JBUS
- Search for POWER — Find all Articles related to Power situations in the vehicle
- ELD Library and LibrarySync
- Can I use the same description with all versions of a specific document? — Concerning document descriptions throughout versions.
- How can I tell if the unit received the new content or not? — Concerning receipt of the library's files via the unit.
- How do I set up the document title and description the driver sees? — How to setup the document title and description that the driver will see in the library.
- If I just upload the content I want the driver to see will it just show the file name for the file? — Regarding file names and descriptions when sending to a driver
- Is there a way to organize the library by a category name to make it easier to find documents? — Concerning library file organization.
- What if I want a file to be in the Library of a specific Truck? — Concerning different library files for specific vehicle groups
- What is the maximum file name length? — Maximum file name length for library articles
- What is the maximum path length? — The maximum path length for a library entry.
- When I need to update a file can I just use the same file name? — Basic guidance on file name updates.
- Driving and Motion as Defined via Veh Performance and HOS — For Vehicle and Driver Performance: Vehicle is deemed to be driving after it has been at rest and vehicle has moved a 1/2 mile. For HOS: Vehicle is deemed to be driving after it has been at rest and vehicle has moved the distance specified as 'Minimum Drive Distance' in the Web Portal (defaults to 1/10th mile).
- How can I change the backlight/volume on my TruckPC? — How to change settings of the unit. Test
- How does Daylight Savings Time (DST) work with my ELOGs? — How the unit factors in Daylight Savings Time for Spring and Fall
- How does FleetWatcher determine which speed reading will be reported? — An explanation of how FleetWatcher reports speed data.
- How does the TruckPC detect driving? — States how the TruckPC detects driving/movement from the truck
- How Will the Truck-PC Detect Driving (Starting December 2017)? — How the Truck-PC will detect driving with the new ELD mandate in December 2017.
- How does Unassigned Driving Work? — How unassigned driving works and applies to the driver's logs if applicable
- How do I make a form or macro in FleetWatcher? — A link to instructions concerning how to create a form/macro in FW.
- How do I Show My Logs to Law Enforcement? — How to enter and exit Roadside Audit Mode when being pulled over.
- How long are Hours of Service records retained? — Data Retention policy.
- If I turn the TruckPC off and start driving, will it record my drive time? — Explains what happens when the unit senses the truck ignition is turned ON
- I received a low memory warning. What should I do? — What to do when receiving a low memory message on the unit
- My touchscreen is not responding. How can I fix it? — A link to the troubleshooting article concerning an unresponsive touchscreen.
- The JBUS data information is not recording on my TruckPC. What should I do? — What to do when JBUS is not recording on the unit
- What are the different types of Malfunctions and Diagnostic Events? — List of the different types of Malfunctions and Data Diagnostic Events
- What are the most commonly used Idle fields? — Enter a very brief description of what this page accomplishes or explains. ex. This is how to create a troubleshooting article.
- What can I do if my unit cannot send or receive messages? — Troubleshooting messaging issues.
- What constitutes a long/mid/short idle in the reporting? — Idle times explained.
- What does DriverBase.BDeleted mean in Change Auditing? — Defining DriverBase.BDeleted in the Change Auditing Report
- What is "Yaw Control via Engine" and "YC Brake Control"? — An explanation of yaw control via engine and YC brake control.
- When do my logs/current totals update? — Explains when the logs and current totals update in FleetWatcher
- When I press anywhere on the screen, only the bottom left corner lights up. How do I fix it? — What to do when only the symbol key lights up when touching anywhere on the screen
- When I touch anywhere on the screen, only the bottom left corner lights up. How do I fix it? — What to do when only the symbol key lights up when touching anywhere on the screen
- Which is the current software version? — A list of the latest software (DTCore) versions.
- Which software version is my unit running? — How to locate your unit's software version.
- Why am I not receiving Workflow Messages? — Workflow troubleshooting steps.
- Why are my State Miles Showing on the Wrong Date? — How to troubleshoot the State Mileage Report data
- Why are violations from a different month showing up in my report for the month I chose? — Concerning violations and the month they are reported.
- Why does my unit not ask me to fill out a DVIR when I go Off-Duty End of Shift? — What to do when the unit does not ask the driver to enter a DVIR when going Off-Duty
- Why is my unit requesting registration after it has already been registered? — How to fix registration issues.
- Why is my unit shutting down while I'm driving? — Lost power while driving?
- Why wont my TruckPC turn on? — Troubleshooting steps for a unit with no power.
- Why was I put on the drive line before I started driving? — An explanation of how the unit decides "driving" status.
- What is Logging Malfunction (2)? — An explanation of Logging Malfunction (2)
- What is Logging Malfunction (3)? — An explanation of Logging Malfunction (3)
- What is Logging Malfunction (4) ?
- Where Does State Mileage go if a Unit Was Unplugged While Crossing State Lines? — An example explaining state mileage in regards to sensor jumps.
- Is There a Basic Template for FW Terminal Settings Changes? — A basic template for making terminal settings changes in FW.
- My unit is not communicating, how can I fix it? — Fixing a no communication issue.
- Where could I find the yearly miles driven for a truck/driver? — Enter a very brief description of what this page accomplishes or explains. ex. This is how to create a troubleshooting article.
- What baud are DriverTech units set up for? — What baud for DriverTech units?
- Why do the HOS logs stop halfway through the day? — Enter a very brief description of what this page accomplishes or explains. ex. This is how to create a troubleshooting article.
- How can I change my Co-Pilot resolution back to normal? — Steps to follow to reset Co-Pilot resolution back to normal
- What is Required to Trigger an Auto-Arrival (Workflow)? — What triggers an auto-arrival in workflow?
- Why are my Personal Use miles not resetting? — How to reset Personal Use miles for HOS logs
- Why do I see white loading screens and secure content popups in FW? — Fixing white loading screens and security messages in FW.
- Why am I not able to use the Co-Driver feature? — Information on the functionality of the Co-Driver feature
- How are Speeding Alerts Created? — How speeding alerts are created.
- Why do I see events from other trucks on my log for today? — Lists the FMCSA article and explanation for status events on a driver's log for multiple trucks.
- New Customer FleetWatcher Setup (Checklist) — Checklist for new customer FW setup.
- My unit is showing the wrong time. How can I fix it? — Why does my unit show the wrong time?
- How-to change the truck number on your device — When asked to register your device.
- What new information is on the Drive-Safe screen with 6.01.04+? — Breakdown of new Drive-Safe screen with DTCore 6.01.04+
- Why does the Personal Use Report have instances with 0 miles? — Explanation of how a Personal Use record could show 0 miles on the Personal Use Report.
- Why can't I use the "add" button when I stop driving? — Enter a very brief description of what this page accomplishes or explains. ex. This is how to create a troubleshooting article.
- Where can I find the details on my current trip? — Brief steps for locating trip information.
- Printable How-to use HOS on the ELD Device — Printable ALL Basic HOS How-to Information from the TPC
- How-to use ELD (Draft 1) — ALL HOS How-to Information from the TPC
- How-to Log into the ELD — This is how you would log in to the DriverTech unit in the truck so you can start using the HOS app.
- How-to Start Your Day — Step by step guide to starting your duty day.
- How-to Start Your Day (Text Version) — A step-by-step guide to beginning your on-duty day
- How-to go into On-Duty — This is how you would go On-Duty at the beginning of your day.
- How-to Certify Your Logs — Step by step guide to certifying logs.
- How-to go into On-Duty From the HOS Graph (Text Version) — Entering an On-Duty status from the HOS Graph tab.
- How-to Add a Duty Status — Step by step guide to adding a duty status to an existing log.
- How-to End Your Duty Day — How to end your on duty day from your ELD.
- How-to End Your Duty Day (Text Version) — Text-only version of How-to End Your Duty Day
- How-to Create DVIR — Step-by-step guide to creating a DVIR
- How-to Review and Certify your DVIR — How to review and certify a DVIR
- How-to Change Trucks — A step by step guide to changing from one unit and/or truck to another
- How-to Enter Roadside Audit Mode
- How-to go into Off-duty — Step by step instructions for going into Off-duty.
- How-to View Your BOL — A step by step guide to viewing your BOL for a specific date.
- How-to go into Sleeper Berth — Step by step guide to going into Sleeper berth - break.
- How-to send HOS ELD logs to Enforcement Officer for Roadside Audit — Step by step guide to sending HOS ELD logs to an enforcement officer or DOT representative for Roadside Audit.
- How-to Add a destination in CoPilot — How to add a destination when using the CoPilot application
- How-to Calibrate Your Screen — Step by step guide to calibrate a TPC touchscreen.
- How-to Find the Vehicle/Driver Info Page — How to find the Vehicle/Driver info page in FW
- How-to Fix Touch Screen only lighting up Symbol key — What to do when only the symbol key lights up when touching anywhere on the screen
- How-to Install a Truck PC Antenna — This is how you would log in to the DriverTech unit in the truck.
- How-to Remove a destination from CoPilot — How to remove a destination when using the CoPilot application
- How-to Send a Message from the ELD — This is how you would send a message on the TPC in the truck.
- How-to Turn On Wifi for all trucks — How to setup WiFi for the company for TruckPCs
- How-to View HOS Timers in Intelliroute 3.5 before Driving — This is how you would view your Timers before you start driving so you can view while you are driving.
- How-to View Route on CoPilot — How to view a route when using the CoPilot application
- How-to Change a GPS Location From N/A — When you require a location update to a status in your HOS logs.
- How-to Register Your Device — When asked to register your device.
- How-to Enter a Route in New DTNav using FleetWatcher — Entering a new route in DTNav using FleetWatcher
- How-to Disable Speed Alerts in DTNav — Describe when someone would need this information. For example "when connecting to wi-fi for the first time".
- How-to Disable "End of Driving Day" Notification in DTNav — When you want to disable the "End of duty/driving day" warning in DTNav.
- How-to set a Driver to Inactive in Fleetwatcher — Step by step guide to calibrate a TPC touchscreen.
- How-to Enable Turn by Turn Directions in DTNAV — Describe when someone would need this information. For example "when connecting to wi-fi for the first time".
- Basic Troubleshooting Guide for Customers
- 70 hr Violation Goes Away After Midnight — Reason 70 hour violation went away after midnight
- Bad Touch Screen — How to troubleshoot a bad touchscreen issue
- BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) — Quick fix for a BSOD issue at the TruckPC
- Can't retrieve Modem Identification — Describes what to do when unable to communicate due to "Can't retrieve modem Identification"
- Can Not See Driver in FW — How to add a driver to FW
- Co-Pilot Error Messages — Fixing co-pilot error messages
- CoPilot is Showing UTC time — This page is to help when your Co-Pilot is showing in UTC time rather than Local time
- Copilot Not Getting GPS While GPS Locations are Working — CoPilot not getting GPS when unit is receiving GPS signal
- Couldn't Find a Truck in FW — How to locate/find a truck in FW
- Could Not Reimage — Troubleshooting a Reimager
- Device Auto Logging Driver Off — Shows how to research 2 drivers possibly using the same Driver Code
- Froze While Booting Up — What to do when the TPC unit freezes while booting up
- Green Power light is on - Display is Blank — Troubleshooting steps for when the green LED light is ON, but the display does not appear to be on
- Improper Boot Device — What to do when receiving the Improper Boot Device error
- Intelliroute Icon Not Working — Steps to fix Intelliroute when it will not open.
- JBUS Locked Up — What to do when the Unit is not recording Engine Data
- Logs Have Been Removed — What to do if HOS logs are missing on the unit.
- No cell - MS is not currently searching - Dispatcher — Troubleshooting when receiving "MS is not currently searching" message in Cell Diagnostics as a in office person
- No cell - MS is not currently searching - Driver — Troubleshooting when receiving "MS is not currently searching" message in Cell Diagnostics as a Driver
- No cell - Unable to Send or Receive Messages — How to troubleshoot a no cell issue.
- No Communication — Troubleshooting steps for a unit that is unable to communicate via cell and/or wifi.
- No GPS — Troubleshooting steps if you are unable to get a GPS signal
- No Power — Troubleshooting steps if your unit is unable to power up
- Printer Issues — Printer is not working correctly when trying to print from the TruckPC
- Unable to send Email to and from the Unit — How to troubleshoot an issue where you are unable to send Email to and from the unit
- Units Turns Off While Driving — What to do when your unit is rebooting while driving
- Watchdog — Information when the TPC unit is experiencing Watchdog errors
- White Display — For when your unit is only showing a blank white screen on the display
- HOS 6_0 Hours of Service reference card_v03 — Reference Card for new HOS in DTCore 6.0
- Rev 7 Verification of Installation — How-to verify an installation has been completed properly
Step-by-Step guide on How-to Open and select a workflow
This Glossary is designed to help describe, understand terms and, acronyms used in the Technical Support website.
Add - Inserting a new HOS status onto your HOS logs.
Aeris - A cellular provider.
Audit - To review HOS logs. Typically by a Department of Transportation representative.
Backlight - Keeps the display lit for drivers and users to be able to use the unit at all times of the day
Bootup - Startup - The act of the unit powering on and starting from an "off" state.
Change - To adjust/edit a log.
Conversion - Updating a unit to receive cellular service from a new provider.
Create - To insert a new status.
Detect - Also, Auto Detect, A function of the ELD recognizing that driving has started or stopped driving.
Display - screen, touch screen, monitor - The touchscreen of the unit.
Drive - The act of driving as logged by the ELD on the HOS logs.
Driving - For Vehicle and Driver Performance: Vehicle is deemed to be driving after it has been at rest and vehicle has moved a 1/2 mile. For HOS: Vehicle is deemed to be driving after it has been at rest and vehicle has moved the distance specified as 'Minimum Drive Distance' in the Web Portal (defaults to 1/10th mile).
DTScan - Application used in order to use a portable scanner with the TruckPC.
Email - Electronic mail sent to and from the device. Each driver has hers/his own email address assigned to their Driver Code.
Enforcement - Typically a Department of Transportation representative.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Question
Featureset - The features and adjustable settings as defined by the company.
Froze - Crash - The display and unit will not respond to any commands. The screen remains stagnant.
FTP - File Transfer Protocol. Typically to store files on the ELD via the Library for reference at a later date.
Fuel - The ELD keeps mutiple pieces of information on the consumption
HD100 - A type of ELD used to keep track of HOS - Smaller black device used with a separately bought display. Display not included.
HOS - Hours of Service - This is used to keep track of the driver's logs and all log calculations are done on the ELD.
How To Article - How To - An article that provides step by step instructions on how to complete a task or function in the ELD software.
Idle - Vehicle is deemed to be Idling when both the Ignition is ON and Engine RPM is more than 0. Idle is included in various reports such as Trip Detail and Alerts can be configured in Settings for Vehicle Groups within the Portal.
Intelliroute - Mapping software on the unit provided by Rand McNally
KB How To Article - An article detailing how to perform a certain function with or related to the TPC.
KB Troubleshooting Article - A troubleshooting article designed to assist drivers and shop technicians in identifying and correcting issues.
Kernel - A base level of software that directs the system controller.
Law - A rule or regulation that has been set in place by FMCSA or other Authorities for drivers
Library - Application on the unit for multimedia (i.e videos, pdf, etc.)
Library Sync - This is a feature that will automatically happen when the unit is connected to Wi-Fi and there are new files to Sync to the library on the unit
Line - Status line. As in: the drive line, the on-duty line, or the off-duty line.
Log(s)* - Typically referring to the driver's HOS logs. Can alternatively refer to information stored on the Truck PC or data compiled and stored in FleetWatcher.
MCT - TPC, TruckPC - ELD used to keep track of HOS.
Message - An email sent to or from the ELD.
Messaging - The function of the ELD that handles emails and workflow.
Modem - Hardware in the TPC that provides and regulates cellular and WiFi signals.
Movement - Detected motion of the truck by the ELD.
Officer - DOT/Law Enforcement Officer - An officer allowed to inspect a driver's logs to confirm that they are staying compliant with all FMCSA and driving rules and regulations
On-Duty - The status of the driver whenever they are working or driving.
Patch - A software update that upgrades, fixes or, changes existing software on the unit.
Plan - Setting group determined by your company. Typically in reference to navigation programs.
Power - All devices are utilizes a 12 volt system. A unit that is "powered-up" is considered to be "on" while a "powered-down" unit is "off".
Roadside - Used in reference to being in the act of being pulled over by law enforcement. Also, Roadside Audit, which is the mode all drivers are strongly recommended to be in when pulled over.
Scanning - Function of the scanner hardware and scanning software on the ELD to scan images.
Screen - touch screen, display, monitor - The touch screen of the unit
Sensor - A device that detects and records data.
Settings - TPC options configurable by the company via FleetWatcherUser Configurable to change how specific features on the unit works
Sprint - Cell provider for the cellular communication on the unit
Startup - Bootup - The act of the unit powering on and starting from an "off" state.
Time - This time is showing the time of the terminal this unit is assigned to
Timers - Timers that keep track of hours and countdown before the driver goes into violation
TND - ELD used to keep track of HOS
Touchscreen - Display - The interactive display of the TPC unit.
TPC/TruckPC - ELD used to keep track of HOS
USB - Universal Serial Bus - This is the type of port used to connect external devices
Volume - The sound level of the audio coming from the unit's speakers.
Xerox - A company that produces scanners that may be used with some ELD devices.